Cartoning Shift Team Leader
Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client, LumiraDx, is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA.
They are a dynamic, high growth organisation with a team of talented, passionate and creative people. We are partnering exclusively with them to recruit across the business as they grow to meet increased demand in these unprecedented times. We are looking for proactive, experienced, hard working and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of this dynamic and forward-looking company.
LumiraDx is rapidly expanding and currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide
The Cartoning Shift Team Leader is responsible for supporting and developing the cartoning team ensuring they are safe, compliant and efficient at the handling and kitting of medical devices. Also ensuring operations are carried out in line with quality standards and customer demands.
- Ownership of packaging procedures and supporting area documentation.
- Planning, scheduling and support of team activities in line with SOPs and customer demand.
- Support of validation activities (process improvement/additional equipment) to meet the packaging demands associated with new products and increasing customer demand.
- Ensure packaging equipment is set up and used correctly to ensure required quality and throughput of product is maintained across every batch.
- Plan supply of materials into packaging and ensure efficiently managed within area.
- Highlight issues in a timely manner and resolve where possible.
- Ensure all routine maintenance/calibration checks are completed to ensure compliance.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing/5S to standardise and drive efficiency across packaging.
- Develop shift-based metrics and reports.
- Drive completion of accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions for packaging operations manufacturing and support review and approval process.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GxP and HSE requirements.
- Communicate effectively within own team, with other shift team leaders and across/out with the business as required.
- Understand business goals and agree/set relevant goals for self and team.
- Undertake own training and act as role model for colleagues.
- Recruit, train, develop and coach packaging team members as required.
- Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent)
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of running an efficient, high volume packaging/production process.
- Experience of operating to quality standards within GxP/other regulated environment.
- Computer literate and good communicator.
- Strong motivator and people leading/ developing skills.
- Experience of operating automated packaging equipment would be beneficial
- Experience of operating within medical device environment would be ideal but not essential
- Experience of validation procedures would be beneficial
- You must be prepared to work to the below shift pattern
Shift is a 2,3,2 on a two week rotating day shift, night shift pattern.
There may be an expectation of travel to other sites for induction and incubation period until recruitment and training process is complete.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary plus shift allowance and great benefits package (including free employee COVID testing on site).
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
PageGroup are our exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy and all applications, whether internal or external, will be forwarded to them.
If you're successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
[Criminal records data is processed as part of our client's recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.]