Category Manager - Facilities and Construction
Exciting opportunity to work with a prestigious organisation
Exclusive with Michael Page - 1 Year FTC
About Our Client
Based in Maidstone, Kent our client are a prestigious organisation working within the Public Sector environment. They work closely with the community and are valued and praised for their contributions.
The Category Manager - Facilities and Construction will undertake category management practices which enable the team to profile, benchmark, research and assess the market, risks, competition, trends and new opportunities to ensure continuity of supply and that best value is achieved.
- Influencing business strategy for the respective category to deliver the best commercial outcomes
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and on-going negotiations for the assigned category
- Use cost trend analysis, complex financial models and supplier performance reviews to deliver performance in cost, service and quality
- Tendering process - local and EU
- Contract drafting, implementation and management
- Deliver cashable savings and other financial/non-financial benefits against target
The Successful Applicant
The successful Category Manager - Facilities and Construction will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and application of: Procurement processes, Contract Law, Costing Techniques, EU Directives and Tendering.
- Working knowledge of the NEC3 and JCT Contract Suites
- Knowledge and experience of post award contract management and supplier management.
- Good level of IT skills including the use of various procurement databases
- Competency in using P2P system
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Construction or Estates background
- Experience of new build or major refurbishment programmes
- Experience in forming updated service specifications for the effective management of a rolling building maintenance programme
- Experience of leading transformational change across a commercial and domestic estate
What's on Offer