Category Manager (HR/Professional Services)
New role created due to team growth
Opportunity for career progression
About Our Client
National organisation ranked highly in the Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 List of Britain's leading mid-market private companies.
The Category Manager (HR/Professional Services) will have responsibility for managing the Professional Services / Labour category with a significant total annual spend of circa £20m. The successful candidate will develop and implement a Category Strategy to deliver significant efficiencies whilst meeting stakeholder requirements in support of the organisation's business activities. You will work closely with the business and it's supply chain, and with other key stakeholders across Finance and HR in developing the Strategy, ensuring business buy-in at all levels. You will be expected to make a substantial contribution towards the Procurement Function's vision of Best in Class.
The Successful Applicant
The Category Manager (HR/Professional Services) will:
- Possess circa 5 years+ procurement experience at management level.
- Possess around 3+ years experience of delivering complex professional services solutions or similar.
- Hold an Hons degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Be professionally qualified CIPS, preferably Chartered status (or prepared to attain same).
- Possess a successful track record of delivering strategic sourcing / category management solutions including creation of value through cash savings or other efficiencies.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including effective relationship management across stakeholders and suppliers.
- Be familiar with using MS Microsoft products.
- Ideally have at least a working knowledge in the context of managing professional services spending of HMRC IR35 tax rules, ISO9001 and ISO27001.
What's on Offer
Salary c. £55,000 + car allowance + benefits (listed below)
- Remote working
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Reward scheme