Category Manager - IT
Excellent IT Procurement in an exciting transformational enironment
Working on complex large technology projects
About Our Client
My client is a leading service provider in the UK across a range of sectors. They are currently going through a group wide procurement transformation, in which procurement is being re-positioned as the commercial driver of the business.
The key responsibilities are:-
- Candidates who can create, implement and drive the IT procurement and category strategies in support of business strategies, objectives, budgets and risk appetites.
- Providing advice and guidance, including development of sourcing strategies, to internal customers and stakeholders to achieve optimal commercial outcomes across my client
- Manage risks associated with IT purchasing activity and supply chain in accordance with the stated risk appetite through establishing compliance with agreed group policies, legal and regulatory requirements, and by engendering professional ethics.
- Responsible for managing and leading the commercial, legal and service level negotiations of contracts, renewals and disputes both directly and through the IT Procurement Team including the interaction of internal stakeholders, suppliers and external legal counsel.
- Make use of negotiation strategies and techniques to ensure that business objectives are delivered within cost and risk parameters. Create, maintain and ensure the use of advantageous contractual precedents.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Extensive understanding of IT, supplier landscapes and commercial and contractual methods and strategies and ability to apply these to deliver values
- Extensive experience working in IT procurement and exposure to the complete sourcing and contracting life cycle
What's on Offer
On offer is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is going through massive change with procurement at the heart.