Category Manager (IT)
The opportunity to work in an established and commercial procurement function
The chance to set and deliver procurement strategy
About Our Client
The Client is a large housing association based in London and the South.
They build c2,000 new homes per year and have one of the largest spends amongst similar organisations.
The have a well established and commercial procurement function.
The key responsibilities for the successful candidate will be:
- To support the Head of Category Management and Procurement Director to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing.
* To develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
* To ensure contract compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
* To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
* Senior level stakeholder engagement to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
* To develop, motivate and manage the Category Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio, in accordance with agreed strategies and processes to optimise the organisation's procurement spend.
* Engage with senior colleagues to ensure organisational and functional requirements are understood and incorporated into category plans.
* Understanding current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications.
* Develop robust implementation plans and communications, supporting the implementation process and managing uptake.
* Ensure compliance to appropriate procurement regulations, other relevant legislation and internal financial procedures.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful, candidates should:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the housing/property industry.
- Use a commercial approach to challenges.
- Have experience in strategic sourcing approaches.
- Be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- The ability to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts and to make logical considered decisions based on the available information.
- Have relevant experience working within the IT procurement space.
What's on Offer
On offer for the candidate is:
- A competitive salary package.
- A central London location (Farringdon).
- The option for agile working and work from home.