Category Manager - IT/FM/Prof Services
Varied category role in high performing team
Superb location in Liverpool City Centre
About Our Client
Financial Services business in Liverpool City Centre
Working with the Head of Procurement to increase value for members and operational control through improved management of new and existing suppliers and associated approval to spend processes.
- Maintain procedures, controls and guidance for improving the procurement and management of suppliers across business areas, encourage adoption of these and assess areas for improvement through regular collaboration with business areas and ongoing monitoring of adherence. This will include delivering training to non-Procurement and non-Finance individuals in the organisation
- Provide partnering and guidance to business areas, ongoing value benchmarking, procurement advice (including input to ITTs/RFPs), and making timely plans for exit/replacement. This will mainly involve internal partnering, and working with external advisors, and providing support for the Head of Procurement for a small number large suppliers which provide complex services where direct engagement is required.
- Input into benchmarking strategies for the key suppliers, in collaboration with business areas.
- Monitor key supplier health and market events for exposure risks.
- Review and cleanse supplier data to support MI initiatives. Analyse expenditure and recommend strategies for improving value (including savings/rationalisation opportunities).
- Control and monitor expenditure trends identifying recommendations for savings, report all external expenditure in accordance with policy and best practice, highlight pertinent implications and emerging issues through the appropriate meetings.
- Identify, initiate and deliver improvements to expenditure and purchase controls partnering with the Finance Team.
- Provide specialist support to the Purchase Ledger team and be responsible for continuous improvement of the Purchase Ordering systems and processes
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Hold a professional finance, contract management or procurement management qualification
- Excellent business and commercial acumen
- Capable of building collaborative relationships at every level across the business and with external advisors and suppliers
- A credible finance professional capable of representing the organisation and its commercial interests in contract negotiations
- A good communicator who seeks to understands the commercial implications and builds collaborative relationships at every level across the business
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving capability, an enquiring approach and ability to challenge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation's ethos and values
What's on Offer
A role that will enable them to work on a number of categories to help further develop their procuremnent skill set.