Category Manager - Operations
Leading manufacturing business
Excellent progression opportunties
About Our Client
Leading manufacturing business, based in the West Midlands
- Development, documentation and implementation of commodity strategies, ensuring alignment of all stakeholders. Ensure the material for category management supports standardised processes, document lessons learned and good practice, and deliver improved operational efficiency. Owns and delivers the category in year savings plan
- Sources new products and services in line with company policies, processes, strategy and best practice. In assigned commodities, manages risk within the supply chain through commodity knowledge, supplier capabilities and financial health
- Engage with stakeholders in a matrix, to ensure that the Indirect Services sourcing activities aligns to key operational objectives and expectations. Acts as an Ambassador of the central Procurement organization with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, supporting divisions/sites in delivery of annual cost, Quality & delivery objectives for assigned commodities.
- Develop and deploy (in conjunction with Division and group teams) Indirect Procurement processes, practices and reporting, to drive continuous improvement and align activities across the business.
- Manage stakeholders and key suppliers through routine effective business reviews, to understand influence vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
- Utilize best practice, latest procurement tools, approach, and setup and lead various Steering Groups as appropriate, in order ensure category governance and compliance.
- Support all category related activities and initiatives as assigned to meet the Group Procurement team's objectives.
The Successful Applicant
We're ideally looking for a CIPS qualified candidate with a background in indirect procurement within the manufacturing sector.
Experience particularly with Factory Consumables, Chemicals, MRO and PPE, Tooling and Capex would be advantageous
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 Basic salary