Category Manager - Professional Services (Band 7)
Career Progression and development for growth
Broad Spectrum of professional services spend
About Our Client
To provide support for the Head of Procurement to interface with stakeholders and deliver service as agreed to all Trusts within the BHA Portfolio. To develop and implement methodologies to facilitate and monitor contracts. Effectively manage the internal operations and resources to enable the delivery of the saving targets and work-plans. To build professional relationships, implement change and support. Enable Procurement to continuously improve the service delivered to stakeholders, enhance expertise and build capability and potential.
All Procurement, Clinical and Pharmacy Departmental teams across 7 locations (3 Trusts), Requisitioners, budget holders, suppliers, Trust Managers,
External: NHS Bodies and all Service Level Agreement Holders
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with identifying divisional medical and pharmacy procurement projects for the Trust to build the annual Procurement work plan, by developing close working relationships with the relevant internal Heads of Service, Divisional Directors and Senior Management Teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the 5 year Procurement and Logistics strategy to drive continuous improvements within the department, to deliver year on year savings whilst providing a customer focused service delivering long-term efficiencies
- Conduct face-to-face contract negotiations, utilising well-prepared analysis of all relevant factors, adopting appropriate strategic negotiation methodology to overcome barriers to acceptance and achieve the desired / best possible outcome.
- Assist in identifying key risk areas and ensure that these are managed, reported and controlled.
- Actively participate in collaborative initiatives at either a local, regional or national level.
- Lead on a portfolio of divisional medical and pharmacy projects.
- Approach projects and tasks with commercial astuteness, deploying creativity and innovation supported by clearly defined strategies, aligning to the Department and Trust's objectives and targets
- Confidently challenge the status quo in a constructive non-confrontational manner and have the ability to influence others to adopt alternative viewpoints and solutions in order to stimulate and embrace change.
- Deliver assigned projects and tasks against a clearly defined timeline with agreed outcomes and deliverables, whilst balancing conflicting work priorities.
- Design structured project plans, which will include a named project team, timeline, defined procurement process, communication strategy and agreed outcomes
- Maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholder's leaders to ensure sufficient in-depth understanding of their project roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in the development of appropriate commercial and best practice benchmarks to compare price, quality, and organisational efficiency, through ongoing audit of internal practices and research of external standards and practices in other NHS organisations
The Successful Applicant
- Provide reliable professional procurement advice to senior managers/clinicians within the Trusts. Ensuring all advice conforms to EU procurement, Trust policies, other legislative requirements all in accordance with the overall Strategic direction of the Trusts.
- Advise Senior Management on Medical contract negotiations and contract drafting activities. Assist with any Medical contract disputes and use negotiations and financial skills to achieve resolutions, working closely with stakeholders within the Trust and any external parties required.
- Influence Clinicians and Senior Managers to embrace change, often where the benefits of change are difficult to demonstrate.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Trust's key suppliers and ensure excellent performance standards are achieved in line with contractual requirements and stakeholders' expectations
- Raise the profile of the service and ensure appropriate user involvement in the procurement of goods and services
What's on Offer
The Trust is clear on its vision and values and aims to make sure that they are reflected in all areas of activity. Our vision is simple; building healthier lives. Our values apply to every member of staff. They are working in partnership with others to provide safe, appropriate car and improve outcomes (Collaborative); being transparent in all that we do, communicating openly, inclusively and with integrity (Honest); taking personal and collective responsibility for the way in which we deliver care (Accountable); being responsive, creative and flexible, always looking for ways to do things better (Innovative); treating everyone with compassion, dignity and professionalism (Respectful).