FMCG Global Leader
Permanent Category Manager
About Our Client
My client is a global leader producing one if the industry's broadest range of products for customers across the world with an international network of innovation and product development.
The Category Manager will be part of a dynamic business who manufacture and supply an innovative range of private label and well known license products. Category management is at the heart of the business to develop trusted partnerships with customers to drive growth.
- Analyse and interpret customer data (Nielsen AOD) and market data (IRI, Kantar) to identify category opportunities
- Lead strategic and tactical category reviews including range recommendations, NPD suggestions, product positioning, promotional strategy and retail implementation
- Identify category, shopper and consumer trends that translate into actionable insights
- Build relationships with key retail contacts eg buyer, operations, marketing, merchandising, seasonal planners
The role will be based in the Wirral with some travel expected to customers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Category Manager will:
- Have experience in a customer facing Category Management role
- Have an analytical mindset with the ability to think creatively and deliver compelling category recommendations
- Proven experience in category management within the grocery sector
- Have experience of using Nielsen AOD, Dunnhumby, IRI, Kantar
- Be able to work independently as well as a key team player
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to forge key relationships both internally and externally
- Be commercially astute
- Be a self-starter
What's on Offer
Salary up to £50,000 depending on the level of experience plus benefits.