An excellent opportunity to get into government procurement
An opportunity to test your procurement and commercial skills
About Our Client
Large Central Government Department & Ministerial Body looking for a Category Manager with purchasing and procurement experience in North West England or North Wales
- Category Manager to lead & participate in delivery of projects, procurement's and contract management roles across the full commercial life cycle, and provide functional / specialist input to improve ways of working and business change & efficiency.
- Influence compliance with policy / legislation / best practice ways of working and contribute to the delivery of plans.
- Contribute to the development of policy / process at national / local level and monitor and advise on effective implementation in the business
The Successful Applicant
The following experience is essential to this Category Manager post and will be tested at sift and interview.
- An accomplished Commercial professional with a track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment
- Experience at influencing Commercial decisions at an operational level
- A proven manager with experience of leading strategic contract award negotiations and resolving dispute resolutions through negotiation
- Demonstrable experience within a challenging and/or complex commercial environment
- Delivering improvements to ways of working and embedding change.
What's on Offer
Time to study
Civil Service Pension
An excellent and agile working environment
Some home working