- A global manufacturing organisation with a fantastic reputation in their field
- Flexible working offered
About Our Client
A global manufacturing organisation looking for an experienced Category Manager
- Building and driving relationships with key suppliers to improve pricing and quality of services.
- Placing appropriate orders to ensure supply meets demand and ensuring customer requirements are met on time and in full.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Benchmarking activities in: Low-Cost Country Sourcing, Direct Material spend, Supplier Tier 1 to Tier 3 leverage and consolidation opportunities, identifying market trends, supply trends.
- Benchmarking activities covering categories, sites, products and suppliers
- Lead the supplier selection and nomination process
- Negotiate contracts, improved pricing, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Monitor supplier's performance (cost, quality, delivery).
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Maintain all system parameters for suppliers and parts
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Provide metrics of the Group spend
- Identify new opportunities for business improvement
The Successful Applicant
- CIPS qualified or equivalent with exceptional negotiation skills
- Degree educated (engineering, science, business admin) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrable history of volume buying with complex supplier bases and the benefits realised
- Strong evidence and experience collaborating with suppliers located in low-cost countries
- Purchasing or sourcing experience at an OEM or Tier 1 supplier to an OEM
- Are a skilled user of ERP systems and planning systems preferably SAP and AX2012
- S&OP experience
- A strong working knowledge of world class procurement techniques that are innovative is required to enable the business to implement a best-in-class procurement function
- A manufacturing background would be highly advantageous but incumbents who can demonstrate success in a similar role in other industries will be considered
- Strong user of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package
My client is offering remote working, however there is a requirement to attend agreed minimum of monthly site meetings