Excellent new opportunity to build a procurement function
Varied category options
About Our Client
We're working with a leading infrastructure provider in the midlands.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to build close trusted relationships and to ensure a full understanding of requirements relating to your category.
- Analyse pipeline, identifying synergies and build these into a category management plan detailing the strategic approach for delivering requirements to ensure optimum results in terms of benefits and value for money
- Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from market innovation new product offerings and/or market shifts
- Ensure early engagement with the business, in order to support and influence from strategy development through to Contract Award, including but not limited to development of tenders and procurement documentation, drafting contracts and compiling feedback letters to successful and unsuccessful bidders
- Develop efficiency initiatives that can be implemented across the business to improve the way we procure and achieve efficiency savings whilst maintain value for money
- Ensure that risks are identified and that mitigation actions are defined and managed
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
The Successful Applicant
We're looking for someone with at least 5 years procurement experience, ideally within a public sector environment or regulated market and experience of OJEU.
What's on Offer
As well as a generous basic salary, our client are happy to offer:
-6/12% matched pension contribution
-36 days holiday
- additional benefits