- Flexible working
- Competitive Salary
About Our Client
A public sector organisation in Birmingham.
- With the support of the Category Lead, carry out procurement of a portfolio of various goods/works/services which will include establishing supplier relationships and contract management, tendering, analysing supplier spend and reporting results to Head of Procurement and Insurance.
- Advise on procurement and carry out tendering exercises, including the preparation of tender and contract documents, analysis and evaluation of tender responses, supplier communication, contract award letter and reports and supplier contract management.
- Help draft and implement procurement strategies, including where appropriate use of collaborative procurement arrangements such as purchasing consortia, for a range of core works, goods and/or services required, ensuring the delivery of benefits and identified targets.
- Communicating, promoting and interpreting the Procurement Policy and relevant procedures including the Public Contracts Regulations and research-funded procurement requirements (where applicable) to ensure that value for money is maximised
- Raise the profile of procurement and increase the procurement knowledge of members of staff.
- Utilise the e-tendering (ProContract) system to manage the procurement process.
- Capture and record savings both cashable and non-cashable.
- Handle routine tasks such as responding to telephone, email and in-person queries, including actioning 'New Supplier Request Forms' according to established procedures.
- Manage procurement of a portfolio of various goods/works/services.
- Develop an understanding and apply the principles of social value and sustainable procurement as well as meeting set sustainable procurement objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to "A" level standard or equivalent (including Maths and English at "O" level or GCSE)
- Experience of procurement within the public sector, including compliance with the Public Contracts Regulations, tendering processes and public sector collaborative/framework agreement
- Experience of contract management and implementing change and efficiencies
- Experience of using an electronic tendering tool such as ProContract or similar
- Knowledge of law and practice in relation to procurement, including contract drafting
- Ability to challenge, influence and direct senior internal stakeholders
What's on Offer
- 30 days annual leave plus 13 days additional for Bank holidays and closure days
- Access to health cash plan and life cover - including dental, eye tests, therapy treatment, health consultations
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- USS Pension scheme
- 'On the spot' recognition vouchers
- Discounted RAC Cover
- Access to Gym membership
- Access to Boundless membership
Quote job ref