- Opportunity to join a growing team where procurement is seen as crucial
- Good exposure to exciting projects
About Our Client
A leading public university based in East London with a growing Procurement function.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans for indirect goods and services.
- This will include market research and analysis, sourcing suitable suppliers, tendering, supplier selection, contract award and contract management
- The context and impact of this work is to help the university deliver plans and objectives, use the procurement of goods and services to enhance the student experience and contributing to their financial sustainability through savings, cost avoidance, and best value for money
- The key function of the job is to identify and understand the business's requirements and apply a strategic sourcing process selecting vendors that can best meet those requirements and deliver optimum value for money
- The person in this role will need to develop excellent supplier and stakeholder relationships and lead and manage relationships across cross-functional teams .
The Successful Applicant
- Track record of delivery within a range of indirect categories ideally within IT, Estates, FM and/or HR
- Ideally a mixture of public sector or private sector experience, otherwise just a good understanding of public sector procurement regulation
- Experience leading end to end procurement projects resulting in savings, cost avoidance or generally best value for money
- Studying for CIPS or an ambition to complete CIPS/Degree
- Strong communicator and a proactive attitude
What's on Offer
- Join a growing and developing team as Procurement moves forward
- Strong exposure to complex projects
- Good development and progression opportunities