- Flexible working
- Competitive Salary
About Our Client
A public sector organisation in Nottingham.
- Running complex OJEU procurements, managing multiple senior stakeholders and reporting and presenting as required via Prince 2 methodology in both written and verbal formats.
- Implementing a category management strategy, delivering effective procurement and supporting the management of key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality.
- Leading large procurement activities, delivering savings and other optimal outcomes of a tactical (cost reduction) and strategic nature in a challenging healthcare environment. Accordingly you will be able to demonstrate change management and stakeholder management skills across decentralized business units.
- Gaining competitive advantage by identifying best practice and leveraging the spend within categories.
- Lead the development of compliant on-line catalogues within Procurement. Implement and action a plan to rationalise the current range of products available through on-line catalogues and manage the ongoing maintenance of this information.
- Seeking out and engaging appropriate internal and external stakeholders at Senior Manager level to provide the information and insight to support the development of the strategic options within categories.
- Where appropriate, working closely with a central support team to ensure the contracts you let deliver best value through effective supplier management.
- Supporting Senior Category Managers with the negotiation and completion of contracts often of a complex nature to support the category strategy.
- Promote procurement outside the procurement function and promoting change and development as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or partially qualified
- Demonstrate IT skills including specialist software for contract management, e-tendering, e-auction, good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Relevant experience in category management (at least 2 years)
- Extensive hands on experience of current EU procurement directives and UK legislation
- Previous commercial experience in the public sector (local and central) and good stakeholder management skills
What's on Offer
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to health cash plan and life cover - including dental, eye tests, therapy treatment, health consultations
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Pension scheme
- 'On the spot' recognition vouchers
- Access to Gym membership
Quote job ref