Category Officer - Fleet and Professional Services
Exciting opportunity to work with a prestigious organisation
Exclusive with Michael Page
About Our Client
Based in Maidstone, Kent our client are a prestigious organisation working within the Public Sector environment. They work closely with the community and are valued and praised for their contributions. Working within this organisation is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed!
The Category Officer - Fleet and Professional Services will provide procurement support to internal departments, principally budget holders. This will include market analysis, setting up new methods of service delivery, offering advice on tendering and contracts, managing sourcing events and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Assist the Category Manager in the development of category strategies and sub-categories
- Prepare tender documentation and process and evaluate and analyse tender responses
- Monitor and manage financial data associated with procurement activity within the organisation
- Manage and maintain approved supplier lists ensuring all work under agreed set terms and conditions
- Hold broad functional responsibility for contract management under the direction from the Category Manager for a range of contracts.
- Create and provide management reports when required
The Successful Applicant
The successful Category Officer - Fleet and Professional Services will be able to demonstrate:
- Analytical skills required to analyse spend and competitive bids from tenderers
- Working knowledge of EU tendering and contract regulations
- Negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication
What's on Offer
Competitive annual salary