Chemical Development and Process Engineer
Chemical Development and Process Engineer in Berkshire.
Join a market leading and growing design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading global design and manufacturing business in Berkshire.
With the lamp value stream continuing to be front and centre of the busines growth strategy, this Chemical Development and Process Engineer will be a key role in the business. The Process Development Engineer will have the opportunity to lead the lamp development during an exiting time for the business, as significant investment is made in the lamp technology.
- Fully assessing current processes and methods.
- Developing new lamp technologies through to prototype, testing and NPI.
- Trialling incremental improvements to processes and products.
- Identifying and commissioning new technologies, methods and equipment.
- Working with production to improve in line quality assurance controls and processes.
- Identifying and delivering cost down opportunities.
- Develop and improve our test facility for our current and future products.
- Monitor and drive technical opportunities by liaising with universities, industry groups and tracking developments in the industry.
- Work with the production team to improve yield.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in either Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
- Worked in a similar industry in a hands-on Development Engineer / Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer role, with proven track record in NPI.
- Knowledge with statistical process analysis, DFSS and DOE.
- Knowledge working in the lamp industry is advantageous but not essential.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £60,000 + benefits