Chief Commercial Officer
A successful, innovative and forward-thinking industrial technology business
Responsibility to shape and deliver global growth in multiple channels
About Our Client
My client designs, develops and supports technology products and solutions for the marine and offshore industries. The strategy of the group is to develop a range of products based on common infrastructure and a cloud-based information system to maximise their presence in existing and new marine or off-shore industries. They design, develop, install and support these products on an 'Infrastructure-as-a-Service' basis on long term agreement. They are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to producing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for shaping and delivering the commercial strategy so to drive sales from £5Million to £50Million in 2025. This is a newly created role and has arisen at a key stage in the company's development. The key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and deliver effective sales strategies across the group
- Develop an effective sales team including management of incentives. Identify capability gaps by building and training individuals and teams.
- Develop strategic, high-level relationships with key clients in all sectors
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including developing sales forecasting to provide regular reports on business activities
- Travel as required worldwide to support sales teams and external sales channels
- Monitor the strategies and process across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Engender a 'lean and ambitious environment, combining pace with excellent commercial acumen and entrepreneurialism, with full ownership of the global sales number.
- Ensure all opportunities to win business are maximised
- Management of customer-facing process from enquiry to order confirmation
- Feed market intelligence to the CTO to ensure correct new products are developed and that products improve in line with market and customer expectations
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking a talented Chief Commercial Officer with an excellent senior sales leadership track record who is a high performing deal maker and is driven to create customer-focused solutions. Your successful track record will include;
- Proven expertise and track record of senior sales management and ability to set, track and meet targets
- Working with executive boards, managing senior stakeholders across a technology business
- Developing and implementing successful sales and marketing strategies
- International sales experience
- Technically minded and able to comfortably present technical products to a wide audience
- The ability to scale from small local teams to a more substantive organisation
- Winning major, high-value contracts and business
- Excellent communications skills
- Ideally have experience in product sales in industrial technology or marine sectors
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary plus bonus, car and benefits.