Chief Operating Officer - The Building Centre
High profile commercially focussed leadership role
Opportunity to play a key role in future growth of The Building Centre
About Our Client
The Building Centre is the commercial subsidiary of the Built Environment Trust. The Centre is a hub for the built environment community, providing a showcase for the best in materials and manufacturing alongside the work of leading architects and designers to inform and inspire conversations about issues, challenges and successes in the built environment.
Due to increased investment and ambitious growth plans a new role of Chief Operating Officer has been created for an experienced Senior Executive to oversee all operations, people and strategic business aspects of the Building Centre with a focus on commercial growth.
The ideal candidate will be strategic in approach and a natural leader who is able to steer the company in the most profitable direction, while also implementing the vision, mission and long-term goals. A full grasp of the marketing needs of the company is essential. The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short term and long-term objectives.
- Lead, mentor and develop an experienced and high calibre Building Centre team and provide a vision for growth.
- Maximise the Building Centre opportunity and value add services on offer, for relevant building product manufacturers and suppliers whilst supporting existing client relationships.
- Develop and execute the company's business strategies and inject new ideas and thinking in order to attain the goals of the Built Environment Trust board and the shareholders.
- Develop the company's digital strategies, ensuring The Building Centre is at the forefront of all search engine searches , evolve into a " go to " platform for knowledge and information in the built environment sector and keep pace with the digitalization from within the Construction sector.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure the company's financial viability.
- Ensure that all exhibitions, seminars and lectures are industry topical, coordinated with the Trust's ambitions and contribute to the development of the Building Centre brand.
- Ensure that the Centre itself and its activities add value to both existing and potential customers thereby growing the brand presence.
- Provide strategic advice to the board, its Chair and the Chief Executive so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company's future.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost effective operations and market development activities.
- Communicate and maintain excellent relationships with the Trustees, business partners and public authorities and the Pension Fund trustees.
- Act as a public speaker and PR representative of the company in order to strengthen the profile of the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven executive experience in a commercially focused leadership role.
- Experience in developing growth strategies and implementing a vision
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Experience and familiarity of the construction industry, market changes and forces that influence the company as an important player in promoting the built environment.
- Ideally experience in running trade shows, exhibitions or product launches.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme and healthcare