Chief Operating Officer / COO
Outstanding Opportunity for an experienced Operations Expert to join as COO
Growing, International and Innovative Organisation
About Our Client
This fantastic business has grown from small roots to become an innovative, international organisation, but one which is still run by its original family ethos. They sell a wide range of products which they design and manufacture / assemble, either directly or through third party relationships.
Turnover is expected to move forward significantly, and this increase will lead to further pressures upon the Operations side of the business, hence the need to restructure and invest in this exciting new COO role.
The company's Head office is located near Maidstone in Kent.
The Chief Operating Officer / COO will be a key appointment to the company's Senior Leadership Team, and you will help to develop, revise and implement company strategy to meet company growth objectives.
This role will include:
- Provision of departmental plans on an annual basis to support the strategy
- Creation of personnel and process improvement plans
- Providing leadership and direction to all the main operational functions of the business including: UK and Overseas Operational Teams and infrastructure; procurement; office facilities and procedures; product development and ISO accreditation FSC and PSFC.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring staff
- Operating withing budget and driving efficiency and optimisation throughout the organisation
- Establishing effective communication and reporting mechanisms, driving discipline and compliance
- Undertaking root cause analysis on issues and providing solutions to overcome these problems.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Chief Operating Officer / COO role will be an ambitious and driven leader who can set the pace, drive change, provide solutions and have a can-do attitude.
- Essential requirements include:
- A proven track record of senior management and leadership, strong commercial awareness and a competency in strategic planning and managing change
- Effective communication skills, enabling you to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to organise and motivate teams reporting to you.
- A proven record of flexibility, innovation and the execution of complex business and strategic plans
- Ability to be a pace-setter within the company
- To be a strong ans structured completer/finisher
- Practical, technical and emotional resilience
- Relationship building skills with customers and suppliers
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Living locally to Maidstone, Kent, you will be willing to travel internationally as required by the business.
What's on Offer
- Basic salary of £70-80,000
- Car allowance of up to £8,000
- Pension (8% employer, 5% employee)
- 23 days annual leave, rising to 25 days in year + Bank Holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme