- Market leading financial services provider
- Opportunity to join a professional board to delivery ambitious growth plans
About Our Client
My client is a market-leading financial services business with a focus on providing customer-centric products and services. Their commitment to class-leading customer service, clear communications and insisting on high levels of process and rigour result in them consistently receiving excellent customer and employee reviews.
They are proud of their collaborative culture to deliver the best outcomes and experience for customers and employees. The business provides all employees with the support, resources and benefits so they feel valued, supported and engaged with the business as it seeks to deliver against ambitious growth plans.
The Chief Operating Officer will be a member of the statutory Board of Directors and will be central in the strategic operational development of the business including;
- Develop strategic plans across current and future business activities
- Implement policies, procedures and controls to support the efficient running of the operational functions, including Compliance, HR, Operations and IT
- Take ownership of the operational functions across the business and provide leadership to the relevant teams on a day-to-day basis and be a strategic business partner to the executive team
- Ensure all related FCA regulatory safeguards are in place and the business maintain regulatory compliance
- Act as the Chair of the risk committee and drive related processes
- Work in an agile and fast-paced manner with the CEO and Board, supporting the wider strategic objectives of the business, being constructive, effective and insightful with the wider stakeholder group
- Be able to constructively challenge at all levels - ensuring managers take ownership of the financial and operational performance of their division.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Chief Operating Officer candidate will have a successful track record of leadership at the Board level with a forward-thinking approach to identify business opportunities and challenges to fully engage and realise the potential of the business. You will come from the financial services or banking sector and be able to move your experience into a growth-orientated and entrepreneurial environment. My client is subject to FCA regulation so you will be expected to be able to set and deliver high governance, systems and internal processes to meet FCA expectations.
You will come from a customer-driven business and possess high levels of communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You will empower progressive thinking to quickly react to the opportunities in the market while maintaining excellent levels of service and regulatory compliance.
You will be able to comfortably and swiftly move from strategic thinking to be a hands-on leader and build trust across a broad range of stakeholders. Experience of being the Chair or closely working with the risk committee will be beneficial.
What's on Offer
Attractive basic, LTIP and benefits.