Chief Operating Officer
One of Europes most succesful open air museums
Independent heritage visitor attraction
About Our Client
The Museum is one of Europe's most successful open-air museums. Their strategic view is that their success originates from being an independent heritage business and giving equal weight to our purpose as museum, charity and visitor attraction. 2018 was a record-breaking year for the Museum; we welcomed over 350,000 visitors and achieved a turnover of £8m. And, as if that wasn't enough, we are embarking upon the single largest development in our 40-year history with a £25m investment to take our story into the 1940s-1960s. The Museum is also regularly used for TV and Film locations and hosts some fantastic events.
The Chief Operating Officer in Wolverhampton will assume responsibiltiy for all commercial and Operational runnings of the charity. Including but not limited to all events, retail outlets and spend within the attraction. Working closely and reporting into the CEO this is a senior role within the organisation and the succesful candidate will be instrumental in the continued growth of the organisation at a critical time.
The Successful Applicant
The Chief Operating Officer will;
- Proven experience as a COO or in other managerial positions within an organisation of similar scale and complexity
- Positive and engaging people skills to balance your ability to ensure rigour, accuracy and detail in delivery
- Experience of driving improvements in visitor offer delivery and attendance
- Ability to operate at a senior strategic level whilst being able to muck in with our effective teams
- Ability to communicate fluently to different stakeholders, influencing and informing as required, whilst motivating teamwork, collaboration and productive working relationships.
- Be able to adapt to changes in priority and working flexibly
- Whilst not essential, knowledge of charity governance and compliance requirements of this sector is desirable
What's on Offer
The Chief Operating Officer in Wolverhampton will pay a salary of up to £60K plus additional benefits.