- Exciting opportunity
- Plenty of chances to grow and develop
About Our Client
Behind every organisation there is a story and Motionspot are no exception. Founded by two friends Ed and James when James suffered life changing injuries after a tragic accident leaving him paralysed, they soon came to realise the negative impact that the clinical design and poor quality of products available to facilitate the adaptation of James's home had on the quality of his life.
Since trading commenced in 2013, Motionspot has become a RIBA award winning industry leader in accessible design helping to transform spaces and lives through beautifully designed, accessible environments that deliver independence for anyone with a disability.
There are over 14 million disabled people in the UK and an ever-increasing number of elderly people that need support. Most must endure substandard facilities that are poorly designed and do not offer the access required. By specialising in design led accessibility, Motionspot offers an alternative solution enabling environments to meet the needs of people without compromising on building design.
Working with a variety of commercial clients in retirement, extra care, hospitality, corporate offices, and healthcare providers, Motionspot provides market leading accessible design consultancy and, through the Fine & Able brand, for residential clients, the business also delivers high quality products for accessible bathrooms. Over the next three years, the Motionspot Group's ambition is to expand internationally as well as increase its product range for other living areas, hoists/lifts and provide innovative smart technology solutions.
The Company's commitment and mission is to promote design innovation, product choice, improved functionality to guarantee client satisfaction.
Entering its next stage of growth, Motionspot is looking to recruit its first COO to support the Founder & CEO to deliver the strategic vision and three-year plan.
This is a key and pivotal role, and you will need to be a proven senior leader who can bring value to a successful and dynamic team and help both scale the business and shape the future culture to realise the businesses significant potential.
As an integral member of the senior management team, you will have significant responsibility for managing, shaping, and controlling the day-to-day operations and functions of a diverse business.
- Working closely with the CEO to set and drive the organisational vision, operational strategy, and people needs.
- Translating strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth of the business.
- Providing leadership and directly overseeing supply chain operations, HR, and accounting functions ensuring effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Developing and fostering great external relationships with key suppliers ensuring high standards of delivery and excellent customer service.
- Analysing internal operations and identifying areas of process improvements for optimum results.
- Monitoring and reporting on KPIs allowing timely insight into existing and potential challenges and ensuring the business has access to detailed reports and effective forecasting.
- Working with the CEO to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets in the short and medium term.
- Closely manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Maintaining and building trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders
This is a rare opportunity for an exemplary, strategic leader with superb business acumen to join a thriving business built on excellence and integrity. You will be motivated by and share the company's core values and culture.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & skills required:
- To be successful, you will have gained substantial senior leadership experience within a growth-oriented SME environment.
- With a broad background the successful candidate will need to be a true generalist with a strong operations experience combined with a thorough understanding of the commercial elements of the business, having delivered profitability improvements and successful growth.
- A creative thinker with the vision, determination, and ability to translate the broad needs of a complex business into compelling and deliverable services and products. Naturally curious, a problem solver with a can-do mind-set and hands-on approach.
- Proven experience of determining and successfully executing ambitious growth plans coupled with a track record in maximising both income and value.
- An inspirational leader of people, able provide clear direction, empower, motivate and develop members of staff in a purpose driven organisation.
- Experience of ensuring successful and sustainable customer partnerships and developing relationships and alliances that deliver business aims. Skilled at negotiating at all levels.
- Ability to maximise the success of the business, with a focus on continuous improvement and operational performance. First class planning and prioritisation skills, financially astute with previous P&L experience, including setting, managing, and monitoring budgets.
- Be forward thinking and insightful, entrepreneurial in approach capable of evolving the vision for the business and successfully influencing change where appropriate.
- An ambitious and self-driven individual, you will enjoy getting involved in the detail whilst keeping a close eye on the bigger picture.
What's on Offer
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. The role is a full-time position, it will be office based with the opportunity to work remotely. The remuneration includes base salary, bonus, and a share option package for the right candidate based on experience and cultural fit.
Motionspot welcomes all applications regardless of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability, race, or neurodiversity.