Chief Risk Officer/ Head of ERM
Enterprise Risk Management experience required
Wholesale/Commercial banking experience preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a wholesale-focused bank based in Abu Dhabi.
The role presents the opportunity to join a wholesale bank in Abu Dhabi as the Chief Risk Officer/ Head of ERM.
The work as a CRO will focus on the wholesale banking front and will manage Enterprise Risk Management along with Credit Policy; select responsibilities of the role entail: risk measurement, risk monitoring, and ensuring risk controls/processes are followed as per policy and regulation.
The CRO will not be a credit risk specialist, as this sits separate to ERM.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong ERM experience i.e. operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk along with overriding risk policy & controls experience in line with the regulatory environment
- Above experience for 15-25 years with bulk of the experience at a global banking institution, and if not, formative relevant experience at a global banking institution which follow best-practices from an ERM perspective
- Above experience will be progressive & relevant (i.e. internal audit/ credit risk may not be counted as relevant as progressive)
- Have some exposure to credit risk to enable policy framework formulation
- Will have a forward looking, business-partnership led digital mind-set & track record
- Ideally be already based locally to enable visa issuance and prompt interviews a start; will be willing & able to live & work in Abu Dhabi.
- Will have a relevant Bachelor's degree, whilst a Master's degree and relevant qualifications (e.g. FRM) will be highly advantageous.
- Will be a strong communicator in English, and have strong internal and external stakeholder management experience (i.e. board/ regulator/ CEO)
- Will have strong attention to detail
What's on Offer
Excellent exposure, business growth, leadership role