Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
You will lead a exciting team of of up to 20+
About Our Client
CLS Group Services are a market leading information solutions provider into the property and insurance industry.
Our big data knowledge, sector expertise and multi disciplined software teams enable us to provide you with a partner to truly rely on. We understand great, trusted solutions are built together.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) lead a team of 20+ through management of 4 direct reports at head of level.
Leadership for the strategic direction of technical projects and development for future growth.
- Planning and owning tasks, processes and resources necessary to deliver strategy which is agreed with the board to ensure clear measures of success.
- Board level presentations
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Drive an improvement in decision quality and accountability: extend the use of technology
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance the performance of CLS
- Ensure effective provision of technology and project management across all CLS businesses in line with strategic goals.
Oversight of IT resources which includes leading on the approvals for business development propositions.
- Accurately deliver timelines and ensure deployment dates of all technology deliverables are met.
- Oversee system infrastructure ensuring efficiency/performance across and between all our systems
- Represent and ownership of the technology agenda in meetings and able to clearly translate to non technical staff.
- Develop technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with our business goals
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Develop and direct all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external data and client information
- Develop and implement all internal communication systems, such as emails and instant messaging
- Develop and enhance the company's website to increase traffic
- Oversee all system design and changes I system architecture.
- Establish clear and regular communication with the team and with stakeholders
- Build a mindset of high integrity, smart risk management and compliance across everything we do.
- Create a work climate of engagement and inspiration, where people feel able to freely contribute ideas to improve the CLS business, and where collaboration is valued
- Develop the technical knowledge of the team through education and training, share best practice and organise technical reviews. Assign work based on knowledge, experience and interest to maximise productivity.
- Challenge the team to achieve extraordinary results. Take prompt action on performance issues.
The Successful Applicant
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record of success in a previous IT leadership role
- Be able to engage and inspire others, develop talented people
- Experience in agile development and creating test & learn environments
- Experience of service delivery and delivering to agreed SLA's
- Budget management
- Experience of outlining security and IT policies and ensuring systems data and security compliance
- Managing and developing an in-house IT team whilst maintaining culture
- Be able to articulate risk management and issue resolution
- Stakeholder management and the ability to translate technology to business
- Strategic thinking with a good level of business acumen
- Able to effectively lead and influence at all levels
- Manage team performance, undertaking regular individual reviews to reflect achievements against targets
- Manage a team size 20 to 30 through direct reports.
- Dedication to continuous improvement in staff and technology
What's on Offer
100,000 to 130,000 + package