Chief Technology Officer
Opportunity to shape an IT function
Utilise technology expertise to devise company strategy
About Our Client
A Serviced office provider in real estate and property is seeking an ambitious Chief Technology Officer. London ideally but offices across the UK so can be flexible on location.
- Strategy - To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategies in line with stakeholder needs and in keeping up with current / ahead of best practice.
- Governance - To ensure Information Technology and Management are in-line with agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that policy and strategy is in compliance with government legislation and standards in those countries
- Review of procurement and contractual arrangements
- Implementation - manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- Supply management - manage the relationships with external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
- Budget - manage the annual information technology capital and operational expense budgets for all sites. Specifically to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritisation of all information management systems and the replacement cycle of information technology hardware.
- Service - organise and implement servicing and support of all IT systems to agreed service level standards. In particular:
- Staff - line manage and develop the information technology team, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results. To work with various stakeholders where IT support is supplied via 3rd party vendors.
- Research- develop and implement plans, in consultation with key stakeholders, to research, analyse and present material relating to the co working environment. To develop and implement plans , in consultation with key stakeholders, to research, analyse and present material relating to the strategic direction of IT within the corporate sector.
- Business continuity - develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the company in the event of major incidents or disasters.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant degree and evidence of continuous professional development in an IT role
- Demonstrable experience and evidence of success in an information management role with multiple stakeholder groups
- Formal project management training and experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure, wifi, hosted telephony systems; understanding of data security and other compliance responsibilities
- Experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Previous line management experience with teams spread across multiple locations
- Experience with data protection policies and compliance thereof within multiple geographic locations
- Experience with Information Technology networks and systems at a global level and daily operational management thereof
- Resource management - has skills to Influence results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management and maximisation of available resources
The successful person will be a strategic thinker with exceptional leadership skills, the ability to develop a high performance culture and effectively manage multiple senior stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of successful technological environments
- Knowledge of change management
- Knowledge of latest technology trends
- Ideally background / experience from co-working / leisure / hotel sectors
- Ability to lead an IT function
- Ability to lead transformational IT change
- Ability to identify and leverage resources internally and externally to enhance capabilities that drive digital business
What's on Offer
The Chief Technology Officer will have an unrivalled opportunity to shape an IT function and manage insourcing and outsourcing as appropriate across the UK and Europe.