- The opportunity to drive and manage technology enabled transformational change.
- Hybrid working practices in place
About Our Client
GreenSquareAccord was formed in April 2021 from the merger of the similar-sized Accord Housing Association. Both organisations have a long history of providing affordable homes and support services for people in need.
The merger of these two strong organisations has created one that's even stronger with ambitions to do more.
At GreenSquareAccord we have:
- 25,000 homes
- 100+ care and support schemes
- 54,000 housing customers
- 4,000 colleagues
- An off-site manufacturing facility producing timber-framed homes
- An in-house repairs and maintenance team
- A geographical reach from Newcastle to Salisbury
- 3,000,000 hours of care are delivered every year
- In-house design, construction, and sales teams.
The Chief Technology Officer role is a newly created role as a result of the consolidation of three teams and therefore provides the scope for the successful candidate to shape the scope of the role in the future. The role sits within the leadership team and reports to the Executive Board.
The Chief Technology Officer's overall responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the company's information technology and IT systems by managing, developing and implementing technology to support business operations, customers and key stakeholders.
- Manage a team of specialist experts to deliver oversight of the corporate plan programme of activity, including standardising systems of project and programme management across the group.
- Act as the functional champion for Portfolio, Program and Project Management P3M, Release Management and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for GSA.
- Leads on technical Business Intelligence and Business Analysis.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of business architecture for the organisation, including target operating models, business models, organisational design, and associated roadmaps, ensuring delivery for internal and external customers.
- Champion digital engagement, and use of modern and fit for purpose cost-effective technologies.
- Lead on developing modern and resilient approaches and governance to data, information and cyber strategies, ensuring security and quality of organisational data.
- Develop relationships with external contacts such as sector regulators, charities and working groups. As necessary: RSH, CQC, Legal Advisors, Tax Advisors, HMRC, ICO and internal/external Auditors.
- Responsibility for ensuring that organisation strategy is translated into the annual budget and short and medium-term financial and operational plans.
- Carry out research and business intelligence activity to help shape the future strategic thinking of the organisation.
- Lead on the compilation of the SDR, working with colleagues across the business, in particular within the ICT team to ensure all necessary data is submitted.
- Develop and implement technical strategies aligned to the organisational goals.
- Build data protection and quality assurance processes.
- Develop, track and control the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage and develop a team of technical specialists to deliver their objectives.
- Drive technology to improve the company offering to colleagues and customers.
- Research new technologies which may potentially increase the productivity of the organisation.
- Heavily focused on connecting our technology offerings to our customer benefits.
- Provide analysis and trends on the organisation's technological status, and progress to the GSA executive and the GSA board.
- Lead on innovation by implementing future proof technologies and processes which ensure continued sustainable growth.
- Take ownership of corporate and functional level risks providing an active input into mitigations and actions.
- Lead on the compilation, scrutiny & assurance of all regulatory returns to ensure consistency of approach and accuracy of information.
- Take initiative and accountability for decisions aligned to activity to be delivered within the diverse CTO function.
- Be a customer-centric ambassador, ensuring your teams understand their part to play in achieving GSA's strategic objectives.
CORPORATE PLANNING, PERFORMANCE & BUSINESS INSIGHTS SPECIFIC:
- Lead the corporate strategic planning process to agree on strategic goals and objectives, and to create detailed delivery plans.
- Support corporate planning and performance processes both in the provision of insights to inform priorities and the establishment of an effective performance management framework.
- Analyse performance data to generate strategic recommendations concerning organisational performance to the Executive, the Board and the management team.
- Link performance data, KPIs and Insights into short and medium-term workloads and project-based priorities, that drive performance aligned to the targets set out within the corporate plan.
- Work with CFO and Executive Team to develop and track the operating budgets and plans required to deliver the agreed corporate objectives.
- Lead on the creation of programmes and projects that implement the agreed corporate plan to time, scope and budget.
- Implement effective controls to track and report on programme and project performance.
- Develop a commercial framework to assist with the delivery of change, holding partners to account for performance.
- Promote service and satisfaction improvements through improved use of data and data segmentation techniques.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in insight, research, 'VoC' (Voice of the Customer) and service design, to ensure delivery of an effective performance and planning service.
- Develop the overall outline Target Operating Model into a series of business blueprints and organisational design.
- Ensure that the business model design process operates hollistically across the group and drives business process mapping and design.
ICT, DATA, INFORMATION & CYBER SPECIFIC
- Lead development of the digital & cyber strategy in support of the overall strategic aims to drive benefits through systems and technology.
- Develop and implement appropriate performance and data management systems across the organisation. Assume responsibility for all digital, cyber and IT policies, processes, and procedures and where appropriate, training.
- Develop an effective relationship with the appropriate bodies (such as NCSC) on cyber and digital matters ensuring best practice shapes the cyber strategy, and digital/cyber regulations continue to be met.
- Implement internal audit priorities for digital and cyber security, driving cyber good practice.
- Own and deliver the digital systems programme, and the associated enablers of network connectivity, IT infrastructure, cloud/storage and user adoption; whilst ensuring resilience, service continuity and security information & systems.
- Ensure all operating systems and applications remain updated.
- Deliver effective communication channels, solutions and technology which support agile and secure ways of working.
- Develop GSA's data assets and enterprise data strategy to ensure that performance data can inform and direct strategic priorities and resources.
- Develop and implement a data strategy to improve the overarching strategic and tactical approach towards defining, automating, and digitising data, performance management and reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience in working with modern digital management information platforms and business intelligence technologies, platforms and products.
- Experience in leading large ICT teams in complex organisations.
- Experience in delivering and embedding strong and resilient digital strategies which benefit customers.
- Strong experience in working with data visualisation tools.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure services.
- Office 365 and cloud software.
- Experience working with AGILE methodologies
Management and Leadership
- Matrix management expertise and the ability to influence others and direct resources.
- Experience in working with others to create and maintain corporate strategy.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to manage a budget and comprehend financial statements and accounts.
- Experience in managing and leading with a focus on colleague engagement, efficiency and customer service.
- Experience in leading large, complex, multi-skilled teams.
Change Management / Continuous Improvement
- Substantial experience working in change management, leading continuous improvement programmes, delivering strategic projects, and leading customer experience improvement.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, able to achieve credibility, confidence and buy-in quickly, at all levels from frontline to Executive/Board.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading change in a matrix management environment.
- The expertise of good practice guidelines relating to the suite of management capabilities required for this role, and strong subject matter knowledge and expertise as to how to apply them to live situations.
Initiative and Creativity
- Ability to respond creatively and flexibly to opportunities to develop and implement initiatives relating to agreed priorities.
- Able to use creativity/adaptability in applying best practice/guidelines to GSA policies and procedures.
- Problem-solving /Analysis / Decision Making.
- Ability to harness data and insights to establish priorities, budgets and a medium-term financial plan.
- Experience in providing analytical and data management services working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data to identify performance data, business intelligence, trends and actionable insights.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Enterprise-level experience in leading, managing and concluding complex deliver across multiple portfolios including the management of risk curves, financial modelling and release management.
- Strong Experience in leading IT transformation projects on time and on budget; including but not limited to infrastructure, environment, data, application, operating systems, and cyber.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a range of projects from start to completion
- Strong financial management and budgetary control experience
- Strong experience in procuring a range of suppliers and using strong contract management to ensure delivery.
- Innovative commercial thinking to ensure effective utilisation of small to medium-sized businesses and the ability to rapidly exploit disruptive technologies and ways of working.
- Show a profound and deep-rooted interest in our customers and colleagues to identify and understand the issues which affect them, and drive satisfaction and costs.
- Experience in presenting written and verbal information for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Ability to tailor communications to the varying needs of audiences & to explain technical information, without jargon, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations using multimedia and PowerPoint.
Desirable but not essential
- SQL Structured query language.
What's on Offer
A competitive package to be discussed on a one to one basis.