Clerk Of Works
A leading social housing provider in the North East
Growth plans for the rest of the year and next
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest not-for-profit housing associations in the North East.
Responsibilities for the Clerk Of Works:
- To ensure all contractors comply with all the requirements of the relevant contracts. This will include ensuring that contractors are properly supervised with regard to quality of work, specifications and contract documents and compliance with deadlines.
- To assist the Team and Consultants in the preparation of specifications and other tender documentation to ensure best value in relation to price and quality.
- To oversee works on site and to undertake role of Clerk of Works. This includes:
- Effective supervision of all on site activities.
- Ensure snagging and back checking are completed. This will include attendance throughout the handover procedure to ensure correct snagging list is produced and any defects remedied.
- To assist the Development Team in aspects of contract administration. This includes attendance at site meetings, technical specifications and preparation of written reports;
- To ensure Contractors are robustly managed and standards adhered to;
- To provide assistance / guidance to operatives / administration staff on repairs service and technical advice;
- Assist in ensuring all insurance claims are dealt with in line with the Associations procedures; and
- To ensure daily documented records are kept on time spent on each development including inspections, visits and observations with evidence utilising technology as appropriate.
North East based
The Successful Applicant
The successful Clerk Of Works will have experience in:
- Ideal background would be in new build Clerk Of Works
- A proven track record in a similar working environment within the commensurate knowledge of Building Regulations and Planning requirements
- 5 years' experience working in the construction sector primarily housing building / maintenance sector.
- Highly developed customer service, liaison and communication skills
- An ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Able to work around the North East
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary + Mileage, generous pension, flexible working, 31 days Holiday and more