Client Manager required to join a Newport based accountancy practice.
Excellent career progression prospects on offer in a growing firm.
About Our Client
A leading accountancy practice based in Newport undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Client Manager role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Client Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments.
- Act as a main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines.
- Reporting directly to a Partner.
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledgeable of firm's services and able to cross sell those services into the client base.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Client Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment.
- Experience of managing a client portfolio.
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges.
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc.
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential.
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
What's on Offer
Competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package.
Great office location.
Well established, supportive team.