- Flexible working dynamic
- Growing portfolio - plan to triple in the next 2-3 years
About Our Client
A dynamic retail clients with growth plan to triple the number of sites in the next 2-3 years
- Provide input into all budget and capex investment approval processes as well as analysing and responding to potential commercial risks and advising on legal and contractual issues as they arise.
- Provide key input on the procurement strategy into the selection and agreement of pricing and sourcing of construction materials.
- Preparing tender documents, contracts, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Taking each project forward, keep responsibility for costing and monitoring all landlord works and conduct regular reviews across the portfolio.
- Track and report on all project expenditure, and adjust budget projections should there be any onsite variations required.
- At project completion, provide analysis on agreed budget vs forecast vs final position as well as valuing completed works and arranging payment.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree or post-grad qualification in Quantity Surveying and 2-5 years PQS experience (experience could come directly from client side, consultancy or via contracting)
- Highly numerate, commercially-minded with excellent cost-management skills, preferably gained from experience delivering multi-site property developments consistently and at scale, managing an investment portfolio of £10m+.
- Experience appointing and managing third party contractors and advisers. Sound legal knowledge to navigate procurement and negotiate contracts.
- Relevant industries include leisure, hospitality, retail, or retail banking - large scale organisations with customer experience at the heart.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity especially for candidates from Consultancy/Contractor PQS background looking to make a move client side with a dynamic and growing organisation