Clinical Category Manager
Excellent opportunity to lead a significant category of spend
Great scope for development and growth
About Our Client
My client is leading provider of end to end procurement services to a leading NHS trust in Central London. They offer a full suite of procurement services and are dedicated to ensuring best practice and state of the art patience care.
In this role as Clinical Category Manager you will be engaging across the NHS trust dealing with front line hospital staff to senior management. This is a category of extreme importance to trust and they are looking for people who are ambitious and innovative in their approach whilst understanding the needs of the trust and it's patients.
The key responsibilities of the Clinical Category Manager are:-
- Responsible for developing and leading on the delivery and implementation of sourcing strategies across clinical spend categories.
- Manages and ensures all sourcing projects relevant to the Category Manager are on track and milestones are achieved in order to meet the needs of the business
- Identifies and delivers multiple cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and team targets
- Engages with key clinical stakeholder's including nursing, physicians, surgeons and their respective teams. This includes regular attendance of operational team meetings to ensure alignment with business stakeholders and operational strategy
- Leverages spend effectively through adoption of single and dual source contracts across all categories
- Works with the Materials Manager and any relevant team members to ensure sourcing activities take account of inventory requirements for all clinical and medical distribution agreements
- Ensures all RFIs and RFPs are run in accordance with procurement best practice and that evaluation methodologies are appropriate to evaluate different procurement scenarios
- Responsible for leading all negotiations for all supply side clinical contracts
- Establishes performance metrics to measure supplier performance and lead supplier business review.
- Leading product evaluation committees meetings across a multitude of spend categories
- Manage supplier relationships within categories (including medical distributors), ensuring that business needs are met and benefits delivered through the full contract life cycle
The Successful Applicant
The successful Clinical Category Manager will have:-
- Deep experience over a number of roles, or equivalent progression, in clinical sourcing, clinical patient care or other related field
- Ability to work with employees, interdepartmental teams, and organisational leadership across the enterprise to effectively complete goals.
- Advanced level of standard office automation, in Microsoft Word/ Excel /PowerPoint /Project /Outlook
- Ability to understand and interpret end user requirements and manage expectations to achieve successful deliverables
- Proven ability to evaluate, manipulate and interpret significant line item and financial data
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent relationship builder with the ability to work cross functionally across both supply chain and other business functions
- Requires ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate effective personal time management
- Ability to complete tasks to deadlines and to a specified standard
- Ability to be flexible in their approach to work
What's on Offer
The successful Clinical Category Manager will get an excellent opportunity to join a dedicated service focused on the delivering the best possible care to patients of London. You will be owning and running projects from end to end and be given the opportunity to develop and innovate.