Cloud Security Specialist
Cloud, Security, Azure, Aws, Salesforce
Securing & Monitoring Cloud
About Our Client
A market leading information organisation in their field
The role holder must have a good combination of technical, architecture and communication skills!
An awareness of security management frameworks & laws to remain compliant at all times;
CIS Top20, ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53, BSIMM, GDPR
Secure design and configuration:
- Design secure cloud infrastructures and delivery systems with objectives like speed, scalability, robustness, zero-trust, automation and supportability at the core.
- Ensure that the Cloud estate (Azure, AWS, SalesForce, etc) is configured securely according to industry standards, as well as their own.
- Provide expert Cloud security advice to DevOPS and Software Engineering colleagues.
- Do research and consultation with colleagues, as well training (including on the job) to maintain own's awareness of trends in Cloud security threats, attacks, technologies, controls and regulations.
- Monitor our Cloud estate, react to, investigate and respond to all real or perceived information security and cyber related events, issues, incidents, threat and attacks. - co-working with Security Analysts.
Action and Response:
- Work with existing teams and enterprise systems (e.g. Service Desk) and procedures to quickly assess and process the most appropriate next action when faced with various pieces of data and information concerning information security and risk.
- Determine the severity of alerts and security vulnerabilities, assess potential impacts, recommend next steps, follow through with risk treatment and mitigation.
- Escalate issues, appropriately, to various teams and levels of authority inside the organisation.
- Act as the first Point of Contact (POC) for all Cloud security events, anomalies, incidents and investigations
- If present and applicable, perform duties according to agreed SLA/OLA's.
- Use primary and secondary data to produce analysis and reports, regular and ad-hoc.
- Present to senior and executive management on the status of our estate (Cloud focus) and on the progress of their security plan.
Use of Scripting to automate tasks, to enable security at speed and scale.
Advanced ability to read and understand code, understand logs and alerts, to use specialist tools (Cloud specific and 3rd party), as well as programming / scripting languages
- AWS Lambda
- Azure Functions
The Successful Applicant
- Has a 'can-do' attitude, shows initiative and is helpful and collaborative
- Is willing to share their own knowledge with others
- Is a humble and agile learner
- The team, the outcome and the common good are more important than the individual
- Creates and implements secure Cloud design, configuration, deployment and operation templates, procedures, policies and standards. Provides security advisory services to Engineering (e.g. in the area of secure CI/CD). Scripts, automates and improves continuously.
What's on Offer
- 70,000- 85,000 + benefits
- Flexible home & office based role
- Being the expert go to person for the organisation in the Cloud and security within the organisation