College Finance Manager - Reporting
£40,000 - £440,000
Establish FE inistitution
Award winning finance funciton
About Our Client
My client is a Further Education Institution based in the Birmingham area.
- Responsibility for the Financial Reporting Team with direct line management of the Business Partner and Assistant Accountant
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts
- Production of Annual Financial Statements
- Prepare the year-end accounts for audit and subsequent approval by the Corporation, including consolidated statutory accounts, based on Companies Act, Charities SORP and regulatory guidelines.
- Update the college financial regulations and provide such updates for Corporation approval.
- Work effectively to meet the requirements of the ESFA, WMCA, FE Commissioner and internal and external auditors.
- Prepare VAT returns for the College and its subsidiaries. Liaise with the College's VAT adviser and Customs & Excise.
- Oversee the production and submission of National Statistics Office and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis, investigate and resolve issues arising from reconciliations and inform the Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer of any irregularities or concerns
- Assist the Manager - Financial Operations and Business Partner in supporting core and commercial business functions through advice on financial issues and regulatory compliance, monitoring activity across these functions and income streams.
- Responsible for month end reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts. Completion of the month end audit on the finance system
- Oversee the preparation and completion of month end journals; funding body income; other accruals etc.
- Responsible for the fixed asset register.
- Act as a Business Partner contract for allocated Directorates to provide financial advice and support
- Finance Systems Maintenance
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 5 years experience of working in finance
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Use of Business World finance system at system administrator level
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and budget holders
- Experience of working within an education organisation, ideally FE
- Strong finance background
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £44,000 plus benefits