- Thriving Business going through growth
- Newly created role in an innovative digital business
About Our Client
A state-of-the-art digital business with global ambitions. With accelerating growth, our client now requires a motivated Commercial Contracts Manager (Legal) to build sustainable a future proof partnerships capability, adding value to the business.
With strong foundations in place, there is considerable opportunity to design and develop several key aspects of the contracts management function and contribute materially to the broader business.
The successful candidate will benefit from a varied and challenging role, with day-to-day ownership of all aspects of the 3rd Party & Commercial Contracting. The Commercial Contracts Manager will have exposure to all functions of the business and own a number of external relationships, including customers, channel partners, application providers, and suppliers.
- Day to day management of all aspects of contracting within the business including recruiting and on boarding of partners.
- Drafting, reviewing, and transacting commercial contracts including Amendment Terms and Public Procurement Contracts
- Monitoring & reporting on contract performance and compliance
- Maintenance of Contract Registers
- Advising on general legal queries from the business on commercial, project management, governance, and regulatory & compliance matters.
- Dealing with and mitigating disputes in close collaboration with business
- Support the HR function on the implementation and delivery of relevant processes, law, and company policies
- Limited travel to meet internal and external business partners
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will share the vision and excitement of a growing business and possess the drive, energy and motivation to play an important role in helping the business achieve its full potential. The company, and its leadership, are highly entrepreneurial and having a similar mindset will be key to success.
The successful candidate will be self-motivation and have a pro-active and flexible approach. You will enjoy working cross-functionally - engaging stakeholders from across the business internally and externally, demonstrating strong commercial acumen and an ability to innovate.Required Knowledge / Experience
- Possession of a relevant legal qualification
- Experience within a similar role in private or public sector
- Experience and understanding of global data security legislation, primarily US and EU (HIPAA & GDPR)
- Understanding of digital business models
- Must be able to demonstrate acute attention to detail and take ownership for their work
- Customer Focus, excellent communication skills, adaptability, and analytical thinking
- Confident, articulate communicator at all levels.
- A strong and persuasive negotiator
- Good time management skills
- Proactive approach to improving system and processes, results driven
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with minimum supervision whilst retaining a sense of team spirit
What's on Offer
- 30 days Annual Leave (including public holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- EMI Options Share Scheme
- "Cycle to Work" Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
- Site Social Events
- Life Assurance