- Join a rapidly expanding hotel, restaurant and beach club business
- A superb opportunity for a mid-level lawyer to join a unique luxury business
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly expanding collection of global private members' clubs, hotels and restaurants catering primarily to those in the creative industries.
- drafting and negotiating commercial contracts across the range of the groups businesses and providing legal advice as required and where appropriate.
- helping to look after the international trade mark portfolio of the group businesses.
- supporting the legal team and the business on its compliance with global data protection laws.
- providing support on legal and business affairs issues (as required) to the senior management team and ensuring that sound, commercial, solutions-focused advice is provided whenever required.
- providing guidance and support and preparing and delivering training on company policies, procedures and corporate governance which are fundamental in maintaining effective performance, communication and good business practice.
- identifying new or updated laws, regulations and directives which impact the group businesses, conducting legal research into the same and presenting findings to the business.
- developing template contracts and documents and preparing corporate approvals.
- helping to support the company secretarial functions.
- attending meetings as required and proactively providing updates on your areas of responsibility to internal stakeholders.
- liaising with and managing relationships with external legal and professional advisors where appropriate whilst providing as much support in-house as possible.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally, we're looking for a UK qualified lawyer with a proven track record of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, and who ideally also has some data protection and intellectual property law experience. Private practice training is preferred and, although not essential, in-house experience particularly in the hospitality or retail sectors would be an advantage. You will be used to working in fast-paced and diverse commercial environments while working to transactional deadlines and delivering high quality work on a broad range of legal and commercial issues.The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- strong drafting and analytical skills.
- solid legal grounding, particularly in contract and general commercial law, with exposure to IT, intellectual property and data protection matters.
- strong oral, written communication and problem solving skills.
- commercially focused and solution driven.
- proactive and flexible with an ability to work independently and as part of a small but dynamic team.
- ability to manage and prioritize.
- good inter-personal skills and a team player.
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary with free members to the groups offerings.