Commercial & Customer Services Manager
Exciting and unique role within a well respected and growing company
Dynamic, multifaced and detailed managment role in a growth sector
About Our Client
The company is a manufacturer of heavy plant equipment. They are a work leader with a true global reach. The company have invested heavily in people and understand that their employees are the driving force behind success.
An organisation that demonstrates long employee tenure and career development.
Liaising closely with Sales, Operations, Engineering, Smart Services and the Global supply chain teams this is a varied and exciting hands on role.
The role is UK customer facing, managing customers with essential heavy plant equipment component supply requirements. These customer are large operators within an exciting and specialist segment.
The Commercial & Customer Services Manager will:
- Attend monthly customer engineering meetings to resolve issues and gain insight into mine planning to advise requirements for component exchange units through planned maintenance and major overhaul dates.
- Manage actions on every repair: Repair or replace decision making, authorisation of all component repairs at assessment stage. Analyse margins against expected levels, provide advice and commentary to variances.
- Scheduling to expected completion dates for repair items, finalising costings into SAP and managing any credit notes raised within the global accounting governance structure.
- Evaluate and report on inventory involving component availability reporting, work in progress levels by customer and resolving issues.
- Set up pricing for all parts for the UK, India and IC and undertake all project pricing for OE spares packages. Investigate costings, check purchase history and routings. Review UK and India UK based price lists annually in the context of current and future contracts.
- Manage outstanding order books for export accounts and organise shipping documents and transport.
- Manage and develop a team, provide guidance, support and targets and have a good understanding of all roles to be able to provide cover during holidays.
- Drive inventory reduction by reviewing safety stocks for the UK machinery fleet and non-moving inventory with associated actions.
The Successful Applicant
The Commercial & Customer Services Manager will have a:
- Good level of education, ideally degree level
- Proven track record in a commercial environment
- Ideally Product Knowledge ( Parts and/or Engineering, Manufacturing, Heavy Equipment) not a technical role
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting
- Understanding of manufacturing and repair processes
- Proven track record in managing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to prioritise, and problem solve
- Based Ideally East Midlands but will also consider those with background closely aligned that are not.
What's on Offer
Exceptional working environment within an exciting company offering long term career progression
Base salary £38,000 to £45,000 + £5,000 car allowance, 7.5% Bonus, 10% company pension contribution, Healthcare, 25 days holiday plus public holidays