- An opportunity to join an exciting business focussed membership organisation
- A chance to start a new project and use your skills or take that next step up!
About Our Client
A small yet rapidly growing membership organisation
- The individual will need to manage their time across multiple priority areas, membership sales, supporting retention, and driving sponsorship sales, and so must be able to prioritise and shift focus based on urgency and demand.
- There will be significant autonomy from day one, with the individual leading on all aspects of sales pipeline management, including identifying new leads, acquiring contact details, drafting various communications, to include emails, briefing documents, presentations, proposals, pipeline reports, and leading sales meetings (up to and including at CEO-level). There will be support available from experts in policy, events, and across the wider organisation to assist sales efforts, but strategizing, negotiating, and closing deals will be down to the Commercial Development Manager and specific income targets will be assigned.
- The focus will be on well-constructed, targeted approaches, using hooks from our policy and campaigning work to drive interest and testing ideas, so a nuanced and confident written ability is vital. The individual will be expected to draw on previous relevant experience/knowledge and quickly build an understanding of our wider programme of work and mission to design and lead campaigns of targeted outreach and generate ideas/find creative ways to make connections.
- Shaping the sponsorship offer, setting income targets, and selling packages for our commercial events, which include Skills London, London Infrastructure Summit, Party Conferences, and Building London. These packages will vary from headline sponsorship to smaller networking/stand packages and include a mix of thought-leadership/speaking opportunities, brand promotion, digital content, and networking elements. For the foreseeable future there will be a mix of selling physical, virtual and hybrid events, and the individual will need to be confident creating and selling packages that include multiple elements and be able to talk to individual areas of value, e.g., speaking opportunities, blogs, pod casts, branding, networking, and be able to ask the right questions to identify the suitability of packages, and tailor where necessary.
- They are often up-selling their existing members so approaches need to be considered and credible, and the individual needs to take a consultative approach to selling - making sure the products are a good fit, are commercially compelling, and will deliver value, whilst ensuring we build long-term relationships and trust.
- It will be up to the individual to pull the right people in at the right time, and to work collaboratively with the teams to achieve targets, and so the ability to lead teams and manage involvement of busy colleagues is key.
- Ensuring that records of approaches/sales are recorded, and that the CRM database is always kept up to date for reporting on pipelines is essential.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant knowledge/experience of selling membership and events sponsorship (or relevant transferable skills from selling to C-level contacts in a B2B environment), and an understanding of the marketing/brand benefits associated and ability to articulate this
- Track record of closing new business and achieving targets in a relevant B2B sales environment
- Experience working closely with comms and policy teams to support account management and delivery
- Creative, articulate, and resourceful, with strong written and general communication skills
- Enthusiasm for selling with expertise in pipeline management, lead generation, and sales strategy
What's on Offer
Up to £45k basic salary plus holiday and flexible working - The opportunity to become part of a growing and exciting membership organisation with huge scope to grow within the organisation