- Excellent long term career opportunity
- Leading Industry Trade association for Builders Merchants and Suppliers
About Our Client
The Builders Merchant Federation (BMF) is the leading Industry Trade association that represents and protects the interests of Builders Merchants and Suppliers to the Merchanting Industry. Membership has grown by over 138% over the last 8 years and we now represent 780 Member companies who have sales over £39 billion per annum and employ 208,000 people in the Building Materials Industry.
Due to continued growth, the BMF are now looking for a Commercial Director to join our existing team. This new role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and its purpose is to proactively increase member understanding and engagement with BMF merchant members, moving the role the BMF plays with its members from important to "essential".
This requires the person to engage at the highest levels with members, establishing a strategic relationship to build added value across all areas of BMF's offer, including training and skills development, business support, economic reporting, policy and public affairs, cross sector collaboration and use the iMIS CRM system to manage customer and business decisions.
- Generate new business sales growth by developing new and existing relationships within critical member groups, in both existing and new markets and assisting with establishing long term and short-term commercial strategy.
- Oversee the delivery of the member retention programme, providing leadership and guidance, including member visits, meetings and events.
- Direct contact with prospective and existing members ensuring growth in key market areas and retention of at-risk members.
- Take high level of ownership for creating and delivering the high quality service offering that the BMF continue to develop for their members, improving take-up and revenue opportunities.
- Directly manage and develop the Regional Managers and Member Engagement Executives to deliver the highest sales and service standards, ensuring a well-focused and knowledgeable team, equipped to cross sell opportunities.
- Ensuring the CRM dashboard system is used to full effect and built into direct reports way of working.
- Identify, develop and maximise the return from all member business development and networking opportunities through existing, new and renewed contacts.
- Develop and deliver an operational plan and budget with the Financial Controller to meet the business plan set by the BMF Board.
- Provide regular feedback from members and the market into the business, identifying trends and changes that impact on service offering and/or member engagement.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced team leader with a track record of managing regional sales managers, pipeline management (lead generation to closing new business), forecasting and reporting.
- Natural relationship builder and familiar with complex multi-stakeholder environments and can evidence having initiated and maintained long-term partnerships at Director and Managing Director/CEO level.
- Excellent organisational and management skills complemented by the ability to prioritise work and respond to the changing needs of a busy organisation.
- Have clear and high impact communication and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing skills at Director and Managing Director/CEO level and should have had experience of working with Trade Associations or within the Construction / Building Materials industry.
- High levels of visibility at BMF head office in Coventry and will require regular travel to Members premises, BMF's office in London and other major Industry events throughout the UK
What's on Offer
Salary is negotiable and will be dependent on commercial experience.