Exciting Commercial Opportunity
Incredibly unique product offering and market leading innovation
About Our Client
Technical Absorbents Ltd (TAL) is a manufacturer of Super Absorbent Fibre (SAF™) at its impressive UK production site. TAL is a subsidiary company of China National BlueStar (Group) Company Limited, who are wholly-owned by ChemChina.
With an incredibly unique product offering and market leading innovation, they are now looking to expand their market presence.
TAL has built relationships with some of the world's leading specialist fibre converters, roll-goods producers and end product manufacturers, TAL also toll manufactures nonwovens, yarns, woven fabrics and finished consumer goods - all containing SAF™. Its extensive product portfolio is already renowned within the industry and continues to go from strength-to-strength.
The Commercial Director will look to further develop sales of the speciality fibre and fabrics product offering of Technical Absorbents Ltd; Having been profitable for many years, they are now looking to grow significantly.
You will be tasked to lead and direct the Sales & Marketing team, with a unique product offering, further developing and identifying new markets, creating a strategy to exploit them and generating revenue.
The Commercial Director will be expected to:
- Be accountable for the management of SAF™ and SAF™ fabric customers to deliver the revenue and EBIT in line with the business objective
- Coach, motivate & guide the Commercial team in achieving growth targets
- Constantly monitor all customer accounts to ensure that TAL is meeting customer expectations at all times while maintaining the growth and profitability on the account
- Continually develop new business opportunities through the identification of new products & services, new markets & new customers in conjunction with the Product Development Team
- Build a culture of customer focused teamwork in the function, partnering with customers for mutual success
- Optimise pricing, sales turnover, market share and profitability
- Systematically build accurate and timely knowledge about key accounts, market opportunities, competition, and industry trends & feed it back to the management team
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application as Commercial Director, you will have:
- Experience of developing both domestic and international markets
- A background in solution selling; identifying and creating a need for the product ideally involving high performance fabrics and yarns
- A proven track record in advanced wound care, apparel and hydrocarbon filtration would be advantageous.
- Experience in managing and developing agent/distributor relationships globally
- A background in a Technical related discipline
- Be willing to travel internationally at least 50%of the time; primarily Asia, North America and Europe
Located close to/ability to commute to Grimsby, East Yorkshire/North-East Lincolnshire.
What's on Offer
£70,000 + bonus