- Role can be based in either Wolverhampton or Northampton
- Looking for Manufacturing/ Project Engineers with commercial exposure
About Our Client
Our client is an established British manufacturer who have continued to win new business, even through the challenging back-drop of the pandemic. With new contracts for customers both locally and abroad, the business have done exceptionally well to ensure they boast a diverse offering and an excellent platform for further growth. The Commercial Engineer role is a newly created position to liaise with customers on design feasibility and ensure manufacturing projects run smoothly. The role will be best suited to Manufacturing or Project Engineers who have had some exposure to the commercial side of manufacturing.
- Schedule and organise cross functional feasibility review meetings and create/maintain relevant documents.
- Obtain sub-contract goods/service costs where applicable
- Develop full cost estimates including all relevant tooling/sub-contract processes.
- Liaise with customers with regards design, manufacturability, VAVE and cost down
- Support new product engineering throughout the APQP process.
- Support manufacturing, with regards to internal product/process improvement, problem solving and internal PPM improvements.
- Support purchasing where required.
The Successful Applicant
- Background in automotive manufacturing is preferred
- Estimating competence is essential.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Communicate well at all levels both internally and with customers
- Computer literate with Microsoft word, excel & project
- Ability to read CAD data
- An understanding of ISO9001:2008 and IATF16949 quality standards
What's on Offer
Salary for the successful Commercial Engineer is from £30,000 - £35,000