Commercial Finance Analyst
Newly created role reporting directly into the Finance Director.
Recently named one of the Top 25 growing businesses in Yorkshire.
About Our Client
Recently named one of the top 25 fastest growing companies in Yorkshire, Verona has enjoyed a period of sustained, profitable growth to become the UK's leading distributor of tiles, natural stone and mosaics. Part owned by Travis Perkins Group, Verona supplies tiles and ancillary products to national multiple chains such as Wickes as well as a network of independent retailers nationwide.
Role Overview - Commercial Finance Analyst
Reporting directly to the Finance Director the role's main objective is to provide in-depth analysis of key operational, sales and commercial data providing insight and value added commentary.
This role is responsible for:
- Support in constructing initiatives throughout the year which drive sales, optimally manage stock levels and help drive gross margin growth.
- Developing and operating analytics to support category management of all product categories across Verona.
- Prepare regular pricing and range analysis versus retail competitors and assist Sales, Marketing and Merchandising teams with recommendations.
- Perform regular financial reviews around ranges and individual products to help continuously improve Verona's product mix and stock levels.
- Monitor key supplier performance, support negotiations and business development discussions with key suppliers and identify opportunities for re-negotiations - business partnering with the Commercial Team and Senior Management.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis that drives and supports improvements in company profitability through analysis of strategic and commercial opportunities.
- Support the Finance Director in driving actions to improve commercial analysis in areas such as overhead v budget, ROI on capex and aged debt reporting.
The Successful Applicant
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Ideally a qualified accountant CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Previous experience as a commercial analyst ideally in a retail or consumer business
- The role can accommodate reduced hours and / or flexible working
- As the role is stand-alone a self-starting approach to managing workload is essential
- Strong IT systems and Excel skills essential
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits including Bupa healthcare