Commercial Finance Analyst
Market leading business
About Our Client
My clients has over 400 stores nationally, and has forged a highly creative and fast-paced environment.
* Support senior Commercial Team with understanding key trends driving performance and support on the strategic initiative decision making process and review.
* Complete and interpret weekly trading sales and margin and supply chain reports performing analysis to highlight any issues and understand trends, formulating action plans with the trading team to mitigate areas of under-performance.
* Drive post launch range review analysis across categories following major range change activity and ensure analysis conducted and debriefed to cross functional teams on a timely basis.
* Conduct deep dive analysis on under performing categories to understand key trends and work with trading team to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
* Work closely with the trading team to produce a robust sales and margin plan. Ensure we are on track to achieve this plan through the periodic reforecasting process.
* Support with the completion of period end processes and board slide preparation.
* Support for market reporting requirements and provision of information to investors.
* Development and mentoring responsibility for a finance graduate.
The Successful Applicant
* You will be a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
* You must have previous experience in a Commercial Finance role, preferably within retail
* You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using macros, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs.
* You will have a high attention to detail.
* You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment.
* You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary, generous holiday package and other benefits