Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial role with great progression opportunities
FTSE business based in St. Albans
About Our Client
Our client are a well-known global FMCG business.
- Provide first class financial support to Discounter & Convenience Channel Directors influencing behaviours and performance through insights & visibility of key drivers.
- Enable channel strategy changes through deep dives and financial modelling. Lead the modelling of channel's 5-year strategy plans
- Drive margin enhancement initiatives (Product/Customer mix, promo efficiency, ad-hoc projects).
- Provide financial support for retailer mergers & other work relating to the current business transformation.
- Actively monitor and control trade spend within relevant customers ensuring appropriate levels of promotional accruals are maintained, trade & pricing claims are promptly resolved & full participation on other cash improvement initiatives.
- Model strategic changes in customer plans and analyse promotional efficiency to improve the growth and profitability of the channel.
- Provide governance across the channel through accrual management, covering overspends and releases, utilising EPOS data and close monitoring of the balance sheet.
- Lead period-end process, providing insight and in depth understanding of underlying performance, key drivers and trends.
- Challenge short-to-medium term customer forecasts and, in close collaboration with Channel Directors, ensure they are both robust and deliverable with clearly assigned actions to deliver the annual performance targets.
- Support & improve all reporting cycles embedding accuracy and data integrity.
- Develop and monitor Customer action plans to realise opportunities and mitigate risks.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will be a qualified accountant with relevant commerical industry experience. They will have a proven track record of progression and will be able to demonstrate their ambitiousness. They will be confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary plus £5,460 car allowance and bonus.