Commercial Finance Analyst
Newly created growth role
Intensive and varied Finance role
About Our Client
The role of Commercial Finance Analyst sits within a very successful and dynamic Consultancy Business. Over the last few years it has performed extremely well within their sector and the creation of this role is testament to that.
The main objective of the Commercial Analyst is to aid the Senior Leadership team in shaping and defining the strategy of the business. The role acts as a service provider to Finance, Marketing, and Management by performing reporting activities and by providing in-depth financial and data analysis for the purpose of strategic and tactical decision-making.
In addition, this role continuously challenges and drives strategy development, making recommendations that support achievement of the business goals by initiating profitability improvements.
- Driving volume and pre-calculated margins together with the SMT
- Providing insight on various segments (customer, product, market) via historical analysis and contract portfolio review
- Providing input to the SMT and Group Finance for budget and forecasting.
- Interacting with Client Directors and Analysts to ensure correct quoting to customers
- Working with the Senior Reward Consultant and Team Manager to ensure volume alignment between Sales and available team resource
- Develop and maintain customer price models, pricing tracker, and retro pricing forms.
- Provide profitability analysis, reporting and performance insights for service lines, channels and customers; Challenge and support the business to improve profitability through pricing control, mix management, and delivery effectiveness
- Complete ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Pre and post analysis of marketing initiatives to understand the profitability
- Assist with and coordinate new business tender submissions
- GDPR audit and maintenance
- Raising PO's when required
- Management of cash flow
- Completion of customer due diligence questionnaires as and when they arise
The Successful Applicant
- A commercially orientated qualified Finance individual (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Previous experience of working with senior management to shape pricing strategy is essential
- Confident self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Comfortable in partnering and influencing a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and confident building relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical experience in a data-driven environment
- Advanced Excel skills is key
What's on Offer
Excellent working environment
Work from home