- Join the investment arm of a multinational media and digital marketing company
- Wide gen comm remit with data protection, IP & tech/IT responsibilities
About Our Client
My client is the media investment arm of a global media and digital marketing communications company and the supply side management platform for the company across all media channels.
Their focus is to deliver the best possible media value for clients through leveraged media buying, sustainable media income and enable innovation in our product development with the support of the supply side.
My client's core purpose is to grow and diversify trading activity through shared knowledge and optimised trading disciplines. Their aim is to modernise the trading function and create a sustainable business model for supply side income in all our markets.
My client also has a diversification role for its parent-company, with its focus on establishing interests in adjacent business domains to the parent-company's cores creative, media, and CRM capabilities. My client's ambition is to develop and deliver new business ventures with high margin growth and to place the parent-company in a differentiated position in the competitive landscape.
The Legal Counsel is dedicated to advising the company with a broad commercial, media, technology, data and privacy remit with a focus on new business models and opportunities.
- As the Legal Counsel the candidate is expected to be a business partner for my client's commercial teams and the position will involve being at the forefront of the media buying industry, supporting supplier negotiations (with assistance from commercial team members) and having relationships with key staff and functions within the client-company as well as the parent company.
- Providing support to the global commercial teams (Trading, Investment Management, Productivity, Posterscope, TSL) and the Legal Director, on commercial contracts, contract structure and general negotiation strategy.
- Providing support to the commercial teams in contractual negotiations with media platforms, and technology and data contracts entered into by my client, including in the programmatic space. This includes being able to efficiently provide a risk assessment of proposed contracts with media platforms and tech suppliers, clearly distinguishing between critical and less critical risks.
- Providing legal support and guidance in relation to development and deployment of new commercial initiatives or precedent positions (also creating training materials for such initiatives and communicating these with the appropriate commercial and legal teams).
- Inputting and giving practical guidance on new business models and revenue generating opportunities.
- Advising on compliance and contract interpretation in the context of internal and external audits.
- Interfacing and working collaboratively as required with the Senior Legal Counsel of my client's premium entertainment content business.
- Working collaboratively across the parent comapny, working closely with other legal teams including Technology and IP and Data Protection, and liaising with key functions including Finance, Communications and HR.
- Helping the Global Legal Function maintain consistency of legal approach and commercial strategy with respect to all business units based in other markets.
The Successful Applicant
- Law society or accredited bar organization member, with 1 - 4 years of post-qualification experience, preferably with legal work experience and technical expertise in relation to the specialist area.
- Preferably media, technology and privacy expertise.
- Be commercially-minded and have excellent communication and inter-personal skills to enable them to work with all levels of management and negotiate with external clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, possessing well-developed prioritization skills given the likelihood of dealing with multiple projects at any one time.
- Be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Be able to take initiative and be pro-active on addressing new matters or challenges.
- Have a pleasant but firm personality and be able to work in a cross-cultural environment, including having a have a collaborative mindset and being able to enable close partnerships with other legal and finance experts across the business.
- Be confident to explain and clearly communicate on matters that involve board-level and senior management attention.
- Preferably have international or multi-national company experience.
- Have strong legal and management drafting skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels to legal and non-legal professionals.
- Have a strong commercial/business acumen and personal confidence.
What's on Offer
- Excellent above-market-rate pay package + bonus
- Good benefits
- Flexible working