- Management position within a public sector organisation
- Remote working
About Our Client
Public sector organisation
- Lead the service area(s) to deliver operating plans and contractual arrangements, focusing on the needs of the defined localities.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of available financial, physical and human resources, making efficiency savings as required.
- Co-ordinate and integrate council resources to deliver both routine operations and to manage complex business issues and risks to meet agreed service standards.
- Identify customer requirements to inform service specifications and the delivery of locality-based customer focused outcomes.
- Act as a technical reference for the service and its customers, maintaining and applying an up-to-date knowledge of the area of expertise.
- Identify better ways of doing things and make recommendations for wider improvements to policies, systems, practices and procedures.
- Participate effectively and contribute to corporate programmes to help deliver change management and service improvements.
- Manage others, setting clear goals, and deliver a coherent approach to staff development and training within the service area to continuously improve performance.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal colleagues, and represent the council on appropriate forums where required.
- Understand and meet all required legislation and governance to deliver the required standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of managing staff, budgets and service areas successfully in pursuit of challenging performance expectations.
- Qualified in area of professional expertise.
- Track record of effective service delivery in a public service environment.
- Experience of service and quality improvement methods and their implementation.
- Ability to identify trends and develop new concepts.
- Experience of managing networks in a partnership environment, including working knowledge of partnering/ contract management.
- Ability to analyse performance information and take appropriate action.
- An excellent professional, technical and developmental record in a relevant technical area that is public service focused, including relevant specialist knowledge over a range of procedures underpinned by theory, acquired through qualification to Qualifications & Curriculum Framework Level 5 for specialist knowledge and managerial knowledge or equivalent experience for both.
What's on Offer
Starting salary of £43,857 + benefits (incl. Local Government Pension Scheme)