Strategic, operational commercial manager role with a sales promotion company
Supporting UK/US sales teams with commercial structure around deals strategy
About Our Client
Our client - based in Hammersmith - are a global, niche sales promotion company who work with some of the world's largest brands on redemption based sales campaigns.
Constantly asking of themselves and clients such as Google, Dell and Microsoft 'how are customers engaging?', our client work closely with businesses to come up with innovative sales campaigns.
This role is about supporting our client in hitting margin objectives by working closely with the sales team specifically, clients also, and applying commercial rigour alongside developing pricing and new propositions.
You will be supporting the sales team enabling them with all the tools they need to succeed with commercial steer and a focus on breaking into new verticals including furniture, retail and software. The main focuses are as follows;
- Supporting both the UK and US Sales Teams in terms of the commercial structure of their deals making sure the numbers makes sense and the deals are profitable
- Set-up and run the commercial governance to ensure deals are optimised for growth, profit and client satisfaction, and the right senior approvals are in place
- Design, build and launch new propositions to drive our client's portfolio and respond the changing client needs and ever more innovative promotions
- Partner closely with Sales teams on deals and deal construction
- Run the deal approval - deal approval writeup, negotiations, contract reviews, pricing structures and commercial support for customers in the UK, Europe and USA
- Work closely with the Products area on product strategies and pricing
- Develop new proposition and concepts to drive growth and respond to client needs
- Run and improve the deal approval governance
- Facilitate reviews with the Executive Team for deal reviews and approvals
- Interface with accounting in lieu of revenue recognition concerns for the revenue forecast
- Maintain and track deal analytics by region
- Provide quarterly analyses on key metrics on deal analytics
- Identify trend concerns in deal metrics and provide input and influence on product line management - pricing, terms, service scoping
- Maintain working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and quantify the actual and potential commercial impact of key business performance risks, compliance risks, issues and opportunities on the contract baseline throughout the contract lifecycle
The Successful Applicant
Our client are looking for a multi-faceted individual; commercial, business acumen, sales focused, revenue focused, highly numerate (pricing) and client facing;
- Experience in deal shaping, pricing and proposition management with B2B clients
- Great balance between client facing skills and commercial management
- Ability to become an expert in the field and provide trusted advice
- Strong interpersonal, communicating and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- High attention to detail
- Global business experience desirable
You need to be client facing and into the detail around pricing, pricing tools, understanding of the profitability of deals and someone who can work closely almost as an (senior) extention to sales teams. Supply chain exposure is also desirable as is promotions & sales campaigns space exposure.
Proposition development and deal shaping is key. You will be hands on, strategic and other desirables are that you will have been or have an insight into the minds of category managers, product managers and/or pricing & propositions managers.
What's on Offer
Our client are looking to pay circa £70-80k.
I look forward to hearing from you.