- My client is seeking a commercial and licensing paralegal to join their team
- 9 Months FTC Maternity Cover - ASAP start
About Our Client
My client is a well established international company set up over forty years ago, it is involved in theatre, film, television, video and concert productions, merchandising, magazine publishing, records and music publishing.
- Document management and filing including in relation to legal show bibles, contracts and correspondence - both in hard copy and digital formats, including copying/scanning etc.;
- Assisting with reviewing, drafting and document editing/formatting of legal documents including licences / NDAs / cease and desist letters / clearance forms;
- Managing the royalty letter process (drafting, distributing and following up on responses);
- Undertaking legal research as required by the Head of Legal / Legal Team;
- Managing the OnBase workflow and deal approval system;
- Managing task lists and following up on action points;
- Fielding and dealing with both internal and external legal/copyright enquiries (i.e. status of licences, royalty rate queries, photography and translation rights queries);
- General assistance to the legal team.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Highly competent with filing and document management systems, both digital and hardcopy;
- Confident and polite phone manner;
- Highly skilled in drafting, editing and formatting spread sheets, memos, notes, general correspondence and other documents including a sound grasp of word-processor and excel.
- Strong and confident communicator (both written and oral);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable and pro-active;
- Can maintain absolute discretion;
- Works well within a team;
- Ability to multi-task and manage several matters coincidentally and to prioritise workload as appropriate; and
- Passion/Enthusiasm for the performing arts and the theatre industry.
What's on Offer
9 month FTC starting immediately
cash bonus on completion of contract