Are you a Paralegal fed up with trying to secure the elusive training contract?
Have you got commerical contracts experience and are you ready to move in house?
About Our Client
My client is a Leisure and events company with an office based in Milton Keynes
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts in relation to procurement, IP, IT, joint venture arrangements, promoter and private hire arrangements.
- Managing the legal side of " Events", the on-line system for creating, signing and storing promoter and private hire contracts;
- Support for the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and related legal processes across the business;
- Drafting confidentiality and non-compete letters.
- Assisting with license and lease renewals;
- Providing support on acquisitions and disposals;
- General support on Commercial Property queries.
Corporate Administration and Governance
- Monitoring of compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the business and advice to management of upcoming legislative and regulatory changes;
- Handling occasional questions on licensing at venues;
- Ensuring appropriate measures are in place to protect the assets of the business;
- Involvement in establishing and monitoring internal policies and procedures.
- Liaising with colleagues and external counsel to ensure corporate compliance with data protection legislation;
- Assisting with the implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with the GDPR.
- Assisting with the preparation of defence documents;
- Working with the claims management team as needed
- Support in managing external counsel relationships, including managing engagement agreements and reviewing legal invoices;
- Monitoring and evaluating legal spend;
- Advice to all departments on a variety of day-to-day legal issues;
- Legal inductions for new employees;
- Summarising and communicating effectively legal concepts to various stakeholders at different levels in the business, demonstrating both flexibility and an intuitive approach in all communications;
- Assisting where appropriate with the development and implementation of education and training programmes on topics where staff need to be aware of the legal background and context;
- Legal administration including legal record keeping.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will be a Career Paralegal who is NOT seeking a Training Contract.
You will be required to have worked within commercial law previously.
What's on Offer
A permanent position