Commercial Property Paralegal
Excellent oppurtinity for a senior paralegal to obtain in-house experience
Our client has the ability to offer a training contract
About Our Client
Our client is one of the UK's leading house builders, based in Bournemouth, they have been pioneers in the field since the 1970s and have built an enviable reputation for providing customer service excellence and high levels of satisfaction to their homeowners.
Once in post the commercial property paralegal will perform the following responsibilities:
- Answer frequent queries and provide legal advice to the Property Transfer team ensuring that the information requested by vendor's solicitors is provided in a timely manner.
- Assist and advise on all legal queries and complaints from Residents, their families, friends, and any other person or company
- Answer queries from the Resales team about properties and their legal restraints.
- Assist and advise the Property Operations Department in relation to Section 20 applications and any other queries they may have
- Assist and advise the Commercial Department on new projects and the formalities involved such as contracts, reviewing terms and conditions, serving notices and answering any other queries that arise.
- Draft responses to complaints that have been escalated to senior management (e.g. the Managing Director, other directors and CEO, and/or complaints with a legal element.
- Keep up to date with Landlord and Tenant Legislation in England and Wales and abreast of the Code of Conduct for Property Factors in Scotland.
- Identify errors and rectify, liaising with internal teams until resolved.
- Standard specifications, using the approved documentation, process, systems and source information to ensure consistent and effective performance
- Always fully comply with policies and procedures
- Actively engage and collaboratively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder's experience and qualifications as may be required for the smooth running of the business
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Property Paralegal will be:
- experienced paralegal that has worked within property from private practice and/or in-house roles.
Knowledge and Experience
- The post holder will also be expected to have a detailed working knowledge of the Property Management system (QUBE).
Skills and Competencies
- Word processing and administrative skills are required, preferably Word for Windows and Excel
- Able to forge effective and collaborative working relationships with others, both colleagues and third parties.
- Good people leadership, management and development skills, ensuring the team operates in an environment of continuous improvement.
- High professional standards, with ability to deal with conflicting deadlines and ensure quality and accuracy of work.
What's on Offer
The commercial property paralegal will receive a competitive Salary and excellent benefits. Our client also has the ability to offer a training contract for the right individual, subject to performance.